TGB Gatehouse (AKA The Gatehouse Bunker) was founded by us as a community initiative in 2004 and became a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO) in 2013.
We seek to provide activities which harness the skills and experiences of our community and promote understanding and mutual respect across generations and contribute to developing a cohesive community. We provide all sorts of volunteering opportunities for people of different ages.
Our work is informed by the following positive Christian values which we believe will encourage, strengthen and enhance the lives of our volunteers and participants in our activities irrespective of their background and beliefs:
- Grace – Is an attitude towards others that involves giving each other more than we think we deserve
- Hope – Is an outlook which encourages expectations of positive outcomes and achievements for self and community
- Faith – Is being sure in what we hope for and can be the means to greater depth in all our relationships
- Love – Is an attitude of unconditional respect and compassion for others and concern for their wellbeing
- Justice – Is concerned with equality and inclusion and usually involves particular concern for the disadvantaged
- Joy – Encourages positivity and involves helping people to recognise, celebrate and use their strengths
- Service – Is concerned with putting our participants first in all our activities and asking ourselves what we can do that will support and encourage them
- Peace– Is concerned with promoting feelings and experiences of well-being and offering places and activities where people can experience respite from some of the stresses and difficulties they face
We are based at 1 High Street, Gatehouse of Fleet where, as well as an office and activity space, we have our Wee Shop, a charity shop with a difference where local artists and crafters's work is on sale in return for a contribution to our work. TGB Gatehouse was formed and is supported by the Community Church for the benefit of our whole community and receives geenrous funding from both the Holywood Trust and the Community Fund's Young Start programme which is managed by the National Lottery using money from dormant bank accounts.
Why not check out our website at www.tgbgatehouse.com